Update from December 2, 2020
Dear brothers and sisters!
According to the requirements of the British Government to ensure safety during the coronavirus epidemic, when visiting the Russian Orthodox Parish of the Intercession of the Holy Virgin in Manchester to participate in services from December 2nd, 2020, the following rules must be taken into account:
1. The church is open:
– for participation in the Divine Liturgy on Sundays and specific church feast days from 9.30 am to 11.30 am (prior registration is required – see paragraph 15);
– for visits and individual prayers from 01.00 pm to 03:00 pm on Sundays (without prior registration).
2. Only a limited number of parishioners may be present in the church at any one time – the number is regulated by the church administration.
3. During the divine services one must stand on the special markings inside the church, observing the mandatory safe distance of 2 metres from each other.
4. According to the state regulations, only those parishioners without symptoms of coronavirus, not older than 70, who do not suffer from chronic disease or fall into the high-risk group, may visit the church.
5. Women should not come to church in trousers, short skirts, sleeveless sweaters and blouses (with open arms). Woman’s head should be covered with a headscarf or scarf. Before entering the church, men must take off their headdress. You cannot enter the church in T-shirts, shorts, sportswear and untidy clothes.
6. Communication in the church is not allowed, except for members of one family or those living together, but no more than 6 people, without observing a distance of 2 meters.
7. Everyone in the church must wear a protective mask (except for those who are medically exempt).
8. Parents are responsible for the behaviour of their children in the church. Due to the inability to provide the necessary conditions for the safety of young children, visiting the Cathedral during divine services with children under 7 years of age is not recommended.
9. Lists with names for commemoration of the living and departed (up to 10 on one sheet) should be brought with you or submitted in advance via the official Facebook website: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pokrovchurch. It will be possible to get holy water in the church.
10. It is allowed to light candles on the candlesticks in front of the icons, but it is strictly forbidden to kiss the icons or touch them with your hands. You should approach the candlesticks one at a time, continuing to keep a distance of 2 m from others.
11. The Sacrament of Baptism is performed individually, on Saturdays (prior agreement is required with the priest via telephone 07900970337).
12. The Sacrament of the Wedding is performed individually, at an arranged day and time (prior registration is required with the priest via telephone 07900970337).
13. The funeral service can be performed in the church by prior arrangement with a priest via telephone 07900970337.
14. The broadcast of divine services from our church is carried out on the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pokrovchurch .
15. As per the above requirements, attendance at divine services is possible only by a prior registration. The registration can be done by email firstname.lastname@example.org. To attend services, your signature is required to agree with the established rules. A relevant form will be sent to you in a response letter.
16. Children under 7 years old may commune upon the end of the Divine Liturgy, between 12:00 pm and 12:30 pm only by prior registration by e-mail to email@example.com.
17. Approval of the application for participation in a divine service or for the communion of children under 7 years of age will be sent in a separate letter. A completed online form is invalid without approval.
18. The dining room and the kitchen will be closed.
Thank you for your understanding and patience. We hope that these restrictions will soon cease to be necessary and we will be able to return to the usual course of our church life.
If you have any signs of possible coronavirus infection, or if you are in the high-risk group (i.e. you are over 70, or you have a chronic illness) – please stay home!
Telephone for further information: 07900970337 (Monday to Friday, 12:00 to 14:00) or 07760117637 (Monday to Friday, 17:00 to 19:00).
Administration of the Russian Orthodox Parish of the Intercession of
the Holy Virgin in Manchester